Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

I still need a bit more sleep, but I think I'll be a smidgen more coherent in this post. =)

Ollie had a 90mL feed at 10-ish. We'll do a 100mL feed around noon and then at 3pm we'll go downstairs for a swallow study. I'm hopeful he'll do well with that so that we can start giving him bottles and baby food again. I can tell Oliver's ready for oral feeding again. He gobbled up the Tylenol he got by mouth earlier! Mmmm...grape infant Tylenol...yum, yum, yum....

One of the other things that we got to do yesterday was new doctor education. Duke is a teaching hospital and, as I've said before, I'm a-okay with that. When the residents came through yesterday with the teaching doctor, Ollie and I gave them a primer on SMA. It's somewhat theraputic to relate Oliver's story. And Ollie was a great little example. The residents got to see his concave chest (pectus excavatum), high-arched palate, tongue fasiculations and lack of deep tendon reflexes. As usual, he was a charmer. Hopefully his big, blue eyes and big personality will leave a lasting impression on those four residents.

Well, I think Ollie's good and asleep now. So I'm going to take this opportunity to nap!

3 comments:

  1. wow - that is a big feeding for the little man. At least he has a full tummy even if he can't have a bottle. Have a nice nap!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally understand where you are coming from about being okay with being at a teaching hospital. I am the same way.

    Glad to hear Ollie is doing so well. Continue to rest, okay? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our prayers are being answered with a "Yes!" Glad to hear he is doing well.

    ReplyDelete