Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Mommy's been Discharged and Other News

Today, they let Mommy out of the hospital. We will miss all of the wonderful doctors and nurses at WakeMed that have been taking care of Bekka but it will be nice to have her home and I know she is so looking forward to sleeping in her own bed for the first time in almost a month. It's so very bittersweet leaving our babies there.

The twins are doing great today. They both had a couple of short apnea episodes but recovered on their own. This is very expected - they told us they will get a little worse before they get better. Self correcting is a good sign in any case. Did you know they give them caffeine via IV to keep them stimulated and breathing? How many times have you heard someone joke about needing a coffee IV, and these little guys actually get it. I think there are some espresso junkies that would be very jealous!

New pics have been uploaded to the Picasa album. Enjoy.

No other big news to report today.

4 comments:

  1. Wonderful, wonderful, wonderful!!! Love the pictures and the news. You can tell by looking at them how well they are doing!

    Leeann

    ReplyDelete
  2. Larry & Donna KnottMay 4, 2010 at 8:57 PM

    We could not be more thrilled, thankful and awestruck for the four of you! God Bless and know that He is holding all of you in His hands!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So happy to hear the continued good news! Especially happy that you and Bekka both get to sleep in your own bed tonight! I know your hearts are in the NICU, but I'm so glad your bodies can begin to recover (all the better for delivering kangaroo care!). The pictures are great - thank you for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi. I came over after reading about you on Julia's blog (julia.typepad.com). I started at the beginning of your blog and have just caught up to today.

    I am so grateful to sit and read of your family and your Ollie. He was a sweet, amazing boy. I loved those beautiful blue eyes. I'm so sorry for your loss of Ollie. He touched my life by reading about him and also about the love you had for him as his parents.

    And now, you are on another adventure as parents. My prayers are with you both and Penelope and Isaak as well. I will continue to follow your blog and hope you have many up days with the babies.

    Thank you for allowing the world to share your life story.

    ReplyDelete