Monday, April 26, 2010

Quick Update.....from Bekka!!

Howdy!  I finally managed to wrangle the laptop away from my devoted hubby.  (Love ya, Neil!)  So tonight's quick update will be from the incubator herself!    =)

I'm happy to report that there's not much to report.  The bleeding increased a little bit this morning but then subsided quickly.  Of course, with an increase in bleeding came an order not to eat or drink anything from the doctor.  Oh, how I hate the letters "NPO."  I was promptly hooked up to the fetal monitors which showed that both Isaak and Penny were doing just fine.  After an hour of monitoring the babies, the doctor looked at the print out and gave me permission to eat and drink again.  So today's breakfast was more of a brunch.  I'm not complaining, mind you, as I am thrilled I didn't have to stay NPO for very long.

The biggest excitement of the day was the arrival of a large-ish dorm fridge!  One of our friends had offered to bring a small fridge from her home.  (Thanks again for the offer, Leslie!)  When I asked the nurse if that would be alright, the nurse said that she'd have to check with engineering.  Later, she informed us that engineering said they had one they could bring to my room.  And it arrived early this afternoon.  Now I can hoard yogurt and milk with abandon!  Well, that and Neil can stock it with tasty beverages and pudding cups.

On the whole, I can't complain too much about bed rest.  (Or bed unrest, depending on the number of interruptions during the night.)  It's not the most exciting thing I've ever done, but I fully realize how important it is for Penny and Isaak.  I have four calendar pages taped to my wall - one for each month from April until July.  Every Tuesday is marked with a number to designate how many weeks along I am.  Tomorrow, by the way, is 25 weeks.  And every night we cross off the day we just finished.  It's a great visual reminder of the progress we're making.  Plus, I got to use my crayons to decorate each page.

I can't thank everyone enough for their thoughts, kind words, and prayers.  This has been a bumpy ride with plenty of scary moments.  But knowing how many people are rooting for us has helped make it that much easier. 

6 comments:

  1. Blogs should have a "Like" button like Facebook does! So glad to wake up this morning and read such a great report. Continuing to pray!

    Leeann

    ReplyDelete
  2. So good to hear all is going well. I'll keep praying for you, Penny, and Isaac.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stephanie and BrettApril 27, 2010 at 9:07 PM

    Yay, bekka!!! I'm so glad. It is so nice to read a comfortable posting from you. And excellent that you've got a fridge! You just let me when you want more Slush. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wooo Hoooooo, go Bekka you snatched the controls and got to share praises with us all. So good to hear that you, the twins and Neil are well. You are a real TROOPER, and such an inspiration to all. May God continue to keep you strong in all ways.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay! We are so glad all is well. Charleston says hi!

    Teri, Ashley & Charleston

    ReplyDelete