Friday, August 7, 2009

Today was a beautiful day

Today we celebrated Ollie's life.

It was beautiful.

So many came out to join with us in saying goodbye to our little man that we were overwhelmed by the love and fellowship. The Shady Wagon Farm was such a beautiful and peaceful site to hold the service and the owners so warm and friendly to all of us.

Pastor Glen's message was uplifting and weather was gorgeous. I cannot think it a coincidence that a golden butterfly fluttered through just as he began.

Robin and Cece - the craft project was wonderful. Ollie loved pinwheels and the breeze that came up to allow them to spin on their own at just the right time was so touching.

Scott - story time and sing-a-long were so sweet and touching. I think Ollie was highly entertained.

I've had several requests to upload my remarks and I'll do so on the blog pretty soon. I'll also put up the slideshow of Ollie's life on Picasa and/or Youtube.

And thanks to all of you folks from the Flotsam Blog (fantastic place BTW!!!!) for coming over to pass on your heartwarming condolences as well as for all those you left on Flotsam. Getting the word out about SMA is so important. Ollie's life meant so much to his family and friends, we want to make sure it means something to the rest of the world, too.

Peace.

2 comments:

  1. I'm a reader at Flotsam, and wanted to let you know that your family is in my prayers. Ollie looks like such a beautiful, wonderful baby, and I hope you know that he, and you, touch so many of us. Thank you for sharing him with us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All things considered, it sounds like you - and Ollie - had a beautiful day. And I'd definitely say that butterfly was no accident :)

    I would love to add Ollie's blog to the SMA Families page (http://thejeffreyjourney.com/smafamilies.html) on the blog I'm doing with a good friend/fellow SMA mom. All I need is permission, so if you're interested, just let us know when you have a chance.

    I would also love to add Ollie's name to the memorial section of the special dedication in The Jeffrey Journey (http://thejeffreyjourney.com/specialdedication.html). He'd be in good company there, too :)

    Many hugs from the NC mountains -
    Helen/'Lucy'

    ReplyDelete